|1 Cup Medium Grain Rice|
|3 Cups Low Fat Milk|
|2 ½ Tablespoons Caster Sugar|
|1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence|
|2 Apples, cored and diced|
|½ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon|
- In a small saucepan, add apples, ½ tablespoon sugar and cinnamon. Cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes or until apples are softened. Transfer apples to a bowl.
- Place milk and rice in a large non-stick saucepan over medium heat and bring to the boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20 minutes or until most of the liquid has been absorbed and rice is soft.
- Remove from heat, stir in 2 tablespoons of sugar, cover and leave to stand for a further 5 minutes.
- Stir in reserved apples and vanilla extract. Serve warm or chill until cold.
Makes 4 servings